Job ID :
US - Missouri - St. Louis
Scientist 1 (QC Raw Materials Testing)When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific InformationSt. Louis, MO
How will you make an impact?Provide routine analyses in a chemistry environment by following standard practices. Perform analytical methods as assigned for testing on raw materials. Support internal development and/or manufacturing operations. Make detailed observations and reviews, documents, and communicates test results.
What will you do?
- Conduct routine chemical and physical testing of pharmaceutical raw materials samples by internally developed and compendial test methods.
- Execute validated test methods for pharmaceutical raw materials for , impurities, identity, purity, by spectroscopy, and traditional quantitative analysis, utilizing spectroscopy, FTIR, Raman, UV/Vis, pH, Osmolality, and/or traditional wet chemistry testing.
- Recognize and report out-of-specification or unexpected results and non-routine analytical and product problems.
- Perform daily instrument calibrations / verifications as required.
- Clearly and accurately communicates the results of work by creating documentation of the testing/analysis and obtained results.
- Record and report results of analysis in accordance with prescribed lab procedures and systems.
- Assist in preparing regulatory documents and other communications with outside agencies, clients, and/or colleagues from other corporate sites.
- Contribute to writing of SOPs if needed.
- Clean and organize work area, instrumentation, and testing materials.
- Clean auto titrator and other systems after use.
- Perform all duties in strict compliance with Standard Operating Procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory Practices, and Safety guidelines.
- Maintain the necessary compliance status required by company and facility standards.
How will you get here?Education:
Bachelors Degree in physical science, preferably in Chemistry or Biology.
Experience:Typically requires no previous related experience.
Equivalency:Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good knowledge and understanding of basic instrumental technologies.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis.
- Awareness of quality and regulatory requirements in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Good problem solving skills and logical approach to solving scientific problems.
- Demonstrable interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to read and interpret technical procedures and governmental regulations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as determination of test reliability, analysis of variance, and correlation techniques.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
US - Missouri - St. Louis