DescriptionJob Title: Application Support Specialist
Location: 400 Jefferson Park Whippany, NJ, 07981
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays in the US
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
About Fraud BI RTB
“Run the bank” team within “Barclays international” origination provides 24 by 7 support to the application /system and ensure they are working as per the business/customer expectation by using work calls proactive alerting/monitoring and auto resolution techniques. Doing this we ensure that all the critical applications will be UP & Available 24/7 with No impact to Operational colleagues 7 customers.
The team has global presence with majority of the colleagues based out in Pune & US. Team’s primary responsibility is to look after all the Fraud related applications some of which are hosted on Legacy platforms but are now being migrated to newer world of API’s & Machine learning.
Overall Purpose of role
Support analyst should take responsibility for:
- Delivery of 2nd Line Application Support services for application(s) under support
- Maintain system availability and supplementary services within SLA
- Ongoing liaison with Shared services team and IS to manage SLA expectations
- Ongoing liaison with Barclaycard C&C, BIM’s/MIM’s to manage escalated incidents.
- Maintain a proactive presence in providing help and guidance to Business operations.
- Transitioning changes successfully in production
- Working effectively with stake holder within technology and operations
- Providing 24x7 live system support (as per rotation shared with the team)
- Incident management
- Problem management
- Change management
- Service improvement – thought leadership and execution
- Pre- and post-implementation support
- Provide SME expertise for systems in scope
- Work with project for transition activities and ensure seamless support handover
- Work with wider team to build support capability and cross skilling
- Provide ideas which help success Barclays grow, engage and delight strategy
- Understanding of IT systems and functioning
- 2 years of experience in Java development (Hibernet, Struts, Spring, JSP, Servlet, Maven).
- 1 years of experience of relational database architecture such as Casandra, MongoDB, and Aerospike database knowledge.
- 1 years of experience writing SQL queries.
- 1 years of Unix & Linux operating systems.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Understanding of messaging queues, Kafka , Pulse ,RabbitMQ , Zoekeeper , Sparks etc
- Should have hands on experience in devops tools like Jenkins, CHEF etc.
- Well versed with Cloud based architecture like AWS , aPasS
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.