CareersSearch open rolesOpen Roles
Data Science, Engineering in Santa Monica, CA
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our data science team to solve interesting and impactful business problems in the domain of marketing analytics and AdTech. The ideal candidate needs to have a strong curiosity for data, and demonstrable the ability to successfully apply rigorous scientific methods with proficiency in data science knowledge and technical capabilities. This is a unique opportunity to apply your skills and have a direct impact on global business.
What you will do
- Build production grade models on large-scale datasets to optimize marketing performance by utilizing advanced statistical modeling, machine learning, or data mining techniques and marketing science research.
- Leverage models to address key growth challenges and provide actionable insights on problems such as cross-channel optimization, market/individual level response modeling, targeting optimization, LTV modeling, and etc.
- Work with cross-functional teams to implement and deploy models and enhance analytical solutions by providing data-driven recommendations.
- Leverage large scale data processing such as Spark, Hive, and Uber’s proprietary machine learning platform, and more.
- Collaborate with marketing leadership, design, product and engineering teams. Participate in project planning/prioritization meetings, stakeholder meeting, data prioritization meeting, etc.
What you will need
- Minimum of 1-3 years of working experience as a data scientist
- Expertise with R and Python
- Experience with machine learning techniques and advanced analytics (e.g. regression, classification, clustering, time series, econometrics, causal inference, mathematical optimization).
- Advanced SQL skills - comfortable working with very large data sets.
- Experience with big data using technologies like Hadoop, Hive, and Spark a plus.
- Previous experience in advertising tech (e.g. market response modeling, forecasting, attribution, targeting, 3rd party data integration, and etc) is a plus
- Great communication skills, organized, able to multitask and be a team player
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution
- Hunger and drive to learn complex topics
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
See our Candidate Privacy Statement
At Uber we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.