CareersSearch open rolesOpen Roles
Product Operations, Operations & Launch in San Francisco, CA
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About the RoleAs the Group Manager of the Payments and Risk Product Operations team, you’ll work directly with banks, payment service providers, product and engineering teams to define new or enhance existing payment processes/products; ensuring the payments experience remains magical.
You will also have the opportunity to pioneer entirely new systems and methodologies that assess risk, based on platform behavior, which will unlock new experiences and platform capabilities for our best customers, while ensuring bad actors are given limited avenues for abuse.
What You’ll Do
- Aggregate and consolidate feedback from Global Payment teams and utilize data to glean insights on where 3rd party partners or Uber product / engineering can improve Payment processes
- Directly manage a team of Product Operations Managers and Product Operations Team Managers
- Be the strategic business partner to Product Management and Engineering teams; providing global business insights and influencing the product roadmap/prioritization process
- Go beyond gathering and providing data to identify key insights and tell a story
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, business or other relevant discipline required; MBA preferred
- Success building clear product prioritization frameworks and coaching others on on building frameworks using business insights
- 8+ years of experience in operations, consulting or other relevant field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in people management
- Strong ability to drive consensus across multiple stakeholders; able to see through the lense of legal, business development, local operations, product/engineering, ect.
- Payments and banking systems knowledge preferred
- Ability to empathize with and advocate for the global customer
- Executive level verbal, written, and visual communications skills
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to drive results
- Startup, all-hands-on-deck approach
About the TeamEnabling a seamless payments experience for everyone on the Uber platform- whether it’s our drivers, riders, restaurants, or truckers- is one of the cornerstones of what makes the Uber experience magical. Apply Now
See our Candidate Privacy Statement
At Uber we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Uber is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.