London - Great Britain
Your environmentSociete Generale Global Transaction Banking (GTB) includes Payment & Cash Management (PCM), Cash Clearing services, Trade services and Factoring as well as the FX services associated to these activities.With over 6,000 specialists in over 50 countries, PCM is a strategic activity for Societe Generale, able to offer the expertise of a large international banking group and experience spanning over twenty years.
- For our International Business (Trade Finance) we are looking for a an Assistant Sales Officer. Within a highly motivating environment, in contact with several internal and external teams in a very dynamic context, the candidate will be part of the Trade Services team working along with the rest of the London desk (front and middle office) within the Trade Services Business line.
- He/she will assist the Trade Relationship Manager, to support the origination of International business transactions, the development of trade finance solutions to corporate clients, as well as the monitoring of the proper execution of all trade finance transactions within the local desk.
- This will be a great opportunity to understand the key aspects of trade finance activity and to interact with important clients (with the close supervision of expert colleagues), acquiring technical experience and know how.
- By identifying new opportunities (“farming”), the Assistant Sales Officer will also help to grow the portfolio organically and increase the NBI of the branch.
- Support of Front-Office in origination and execution of international business transactions.
- Follow-up on client requests and needs in coordination with the Front-Office.
- Close co-operation with Back-Office teams and support functions (Compliance, Legal, Risk…) relating to all operational issues.
- Responsibility of flow business and administrative tasks relating to trade transactions: market research, profitability calculations, risk and compliance controls, internal reporting, bank/country limits authorization requests to Head-Office in Paris, process credit requests etc.
- Identification of value added to clients by proactively fostering synergies within the bank’s business lines while at the same time reducing the risk to the bank by using a structured approach.
- The candidate will be based in London, UK
- Products and services to be marketed will include, amongst others:
- International guarantees
- Import and Export Letters of Credit
- Structured trade finance
- Active cross-selling with the different Business Lines of the Bank, such as SG Factoring
- Help the Front Officer in the commercial activities by preparing specific activity reports, relationship reviews, launching KYC review and customer on-boarding process, prepare credit requests, drafting commercial presentations
- Coordination between clients and the back offices in Paris, in a precise and reactive manner, with a positive attitude and team spirit
- Being considerate of client’s needs and able to think out of the box, to help the team to optimise deal origination and closing process
- Liaising with the structured trade finance team in Paris in the realisation of structured deals
Graduate with a Master’s degree from Business/Engineering School or University in Corporate Finance (International Business), Bank and Finance
You ideally have a previous experience in Trade Finance.
Knowledge of in international trade finance products. You are fluent in English.
Above average written and verbal communication skills.
Good MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) knowledge
- Ability to spot, understand and solve issues, develop and recommend alternatives or solutions.
- International mindset.
- Ability to escalate in an adequate manner.
- Administrative, organizational and time management skills.
- The candidate needs to show flexibility and capacity to understand quickly. He/she needs to be autonomous and to take responsibility of his/her job. He/she needs to have initiative, propose solutions and ideas, considering client needs
The VIE assignment in a nutshellThis VIE in London is to begin as soon as possible but you need to plan 3 months between your application date and the beginning of your VIE assignment. It will last 12 months.The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France’s eligibility criteria, opened to candidates under 28 and from the member states of the European Economic Space. Please see www.civiweb.com, in order to have more details regarding your financial indemnities.
EvolutionTo facilitate the examination of your application by our English-speaking managers, we thank you for
applying in English.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities.