2019 EMEA Events Marketing Internship
LondonPosted Feb 8, 2019 - Requisition No. 73548
Bloomberg’s Marketing department is searching for an Events Marketing Intern to work within Bloomberg’s event team working across all Bloomberg businesses.
The events team develop, plan and manage all Bloomberg Business events, partnering across teams, working with editorial, sales and sponsorship, audience recruitment, and event production team members, to promote and execute events of various scale and size. They build relationships across divisions to manage project timelines, build marketing collateral, and support the business’ revenue goals.
At the end of the Internship, there may be an opportunity to be offered a full time position within the Bloomberg Customer Support (BCS) department. You will have the opportunity to work on cross department projects and shadowing which will give you an insight into the BCS role.
Primary Responsibilities for the Events Marketing Intern include:
- Providing administrative support to the assigned team's Event Planners as needed
- Managing registration lists, emails, provide up to date lists to Event Planners, name badges and printing
- Prepare gift bags and coordinating and sending event supply boxes
- Provide onsite event support when needed
- Manage inventory of premium items
- Conduct venue and service provider research as needed
- Responsible for reviewing all data in the event database for accuracy and compliance
- Manages coordination of highlights and previews to the Senior Event Planner and Team Lead
- Responsible for scheduling team meetings, compiling agendas and follow-up
- Provides support to Senior Event Planner and Team Lead on special projects
- Responsible for pre- and post- event financial and data reconciliation
- Develops functional relationship with Marketing and/or Sales leads as needed
You may also be involved in:
- Managing assigned small-scale events as needed
- Be responsible at the event level for execution excellence, tool compliance and metrics
- Adheres to event processes, standards and measurement
- Prepares and complies with event budgets, negotiation with vendors, and ensures payment & reconciliations take place in a timely manner
You will need to be:
- In your final or penultimate year of university (graduating in 2019 or 2020) studying a degree in Marketing or Events Management.
- Fluent in English and one or more of the following languages: French, Italian, Spanish, German, Portuguese or Russian.
- Available to work for 10 weeks beginning July 1st, 2019
We’d love to see:
- Flexibility to learn and grow, being proactive and confident in a fast-paced environment
- Strong telephone etiquette and a professional demeanour
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Multi-tasking skills and problem solving skills
- A desire to be part of a team but also work independently
If this sounds like you:Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! To
learn more, visit our YouTube channel "Inside Bloomberg".
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable
adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially,
please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner
EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com