Job Description - Software Engineer in Test (18001C64)
Software Engineer in Test-18001C64
Software Developer in Test - Waterloo, Canada
Summary:Do you feel a surge of adrenaline from Tracking and Triaging in a fast-paced team environment? Do you have a nose for hidden clues like Sherlock Holmes? Can you sniff out bugs like a starving lizard? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, then an opportunity on our Software Test Engineering team may be a perfect fit.
Oracle-NetSuite, the #1 Cloud Business Software Suite, has launched an exciting development program Software Engineers in Test. Find out more about how you can…
- See your work make a difference - more than 24,000 companies and subsidiaries depend on NetSuite, including many in the FORTUNE 100
- Work with and learn from an industry leading code base
- Work with your own mentor from our team to guide you through the NetSuite code base and help you think through difficult challenges
- Have direct contact with company executives so that you can understand what it takes to build a stellar product & successful company
- Getting down and dirty designing, developing, and delivering automated and manual functional/integration test cases
- Contributing towards the delivery of high quality testable software, from requirement analysis to acceptance testing
- Actively participating in agile meetings with product management, design, and engineering
- Ensuring comprehensive test coverage of test suites
- Reporting bugs in a clear and concise manner, and supporting the team in trouble-shooting the root cause
- 3+ years of experience with an object oriented or scripting language, preferably JAVA
- In-depth knowledge about QA processes and methodologies
- 2+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL
- Understanding of HTML, CSS, and DOM
- Great attention to detail
- Strong critical thinking/problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Responsible for developing, applying and maintaining quality standards for company products with adherence to both internal and external standards. Develops and executes software test plans. Analyzes and writes test standards and procedures. Maintains documentation of test results. Analyzes test results and recommends corrective actions.
As a member of the technical/process QA division, you will design, install and evaluate quality control methods and systems. Design continuing maintenance of product quality. Develop standards and procedures to provide quality guidance and methods.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation; displays understanding of roles, processes and procedures. Performs moderately complex problem solving with assistance and guidance in understanding and applying company policies and processes. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. A of 1 year of software engineering or related experience.
Job Type:Regular Employee Hire
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
Jill Hulme, Director of Strategic Initiatives Marketing, overcame the impossible and transformed into a triathlete. She applies her fearlessness and determination to #LifeatOracle