Job Description - Principal Member Technical Staff (18001DER)
Principal Member Technical Staff-18001DER
The Cloud Lifecycle Management automation team (LCM) is an integral part of the Oracle Public and Private Cloud’s product development and maintenance lifecycle. We are part of an agile, cross functional focus within Oracle to accelerate our customer’s business transformations and their ability to innovate via a digital transformation of their business within the Oracle cloud. Oracle Cloud provides leading-edge capabilities in software as a service (SaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), infrastructure as a service (IaaS), and data as a service (DaaS).
We build end to end solutions for managing the lifecycle of the tech stacks in our SaaS and PaaS cloud environments. We cover the entire life cycle from discovery, design, implementation, testing, rollout and support in an extremely dynamic and agile manner to respond to constantly evolving needs of our cloud infrastructure, applications and our customer needs.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to develop and execute exploratory tests as well as automated tests in order to ensure product quality.
As a QA Engineer you will estimate, plan, and coordinate testing activities. You will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in software development
- Proven working experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
Detailed Description and Job Requirements Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 8 more years of software engineering or related experience.
Job Type:Regular Employee Hire
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
Jill Hulme, Director of Strategic Initiatives Marketing, overcame the impossible and transformed into a triathlete. She applies her fearlessness and determination to #LifeatOracle