As a part of McAfee Network Security Platform(NSP) test team you will be studying product requirements, developing test plans, setting up complex system testbeds, executing and automating test cases and reporting defects. The ideal candidate demonstrates a deep understanding and hands on experience on Security technologies like IPS, firewall, SSL VPN and hands on experience to network protocols are essential for the success in this role. You need to be a fast learner, work independently as well as in a team.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Define and develop test strategies and plans
- Execute test plans and test cases according to release schedules and timelines and debug issues found during test
- Work collaboratively with Development, PLMs, and TMEs to fully understand the product requirements and help define the product direction and solutions and bring issues to closure
- Contribute to automation and the development of automated solutions for feature, systems and solutions testing
- Provide test results and defect reports and participate in analysis of defects pertaining to release quality and prioritization
- Strong background in Security is required
- Basic routing, switching and networking knowledge including TCP/IP, UDP is a must
- Knowledge of multiple security products and their features is preferred such as: IPS/IDS, Firewall, NGFW, UTM, IPSec/SSL VPN, SIEM, Application firewall.
Knowledge of Perl, Python or other scripting languages is a must
- Good understanding of Linux fundamentals and experience working in Unix/Linux environments
- Knowledge of VMWare products is a plus.
- Experience testing a GUI based management solution. Experience with GUI automation tools a plus