Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
SummaryPosted: 19 Feb 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 114288815
The AMR Logistics Team is seeking a talented, great teammate to support strategic and tactical management of Apple Inbound Logistics. In this role, you should be passionate about Apple’s products and customers. This role is a key member of the Logistics team supporting all aspects of international delivery of products. It requires the ability to analyze, apply process improvement capability, build predictive models, ad conduct business analysts to support all areas of the inbound transportation network.
Key Qualifications Key Qualifications
- 3 to 6 years experience in business analytics of strategic Transportation Operations and project management
- Expertise includes strategic operational initiatives for international transportation.
- Building tools and systems that improve the efficiency of all aspects of international transportation:
- Prior experience with Transportation Management Systems (TMS) and SAP desired.
- Prior experience with business analytics tools; I.e. BI tools, Tableau, modeling.
- Formal continuous improvement background (Six Sigma or LEAN) with a focus on root cause analysis is helpful.
- Experience in a dynamic industry (high tech, consumer electronics) is preferred.
- Strategic Transportation Support: Overall business analytics in support of our logistics team is key to success. Develop and improve reporting of Apple's supply chain volume and performance metrics, with an emphasis of customer focus. Develop business models and predictive tools to build or enhance the management systems for our team in pursuing improved customer experience. Assembling, auditing, summarizing and presenting Americas Inbound Logistics metrics to Senior Management. Acts as a support agent for the tactical operational business, driving efficiency for the regional supply managers (RSM’s, the tactical managers of the forwarders) This support could manifest itself in, report creation and optimization, building Tableau and Business Objects reports of customer or forwarder data analytics and information creation. Identifying manual efforts within the inbound space that can be automated. Identifying trends in customer and forwarder data, developing solutions and corrective actions. Collaborating with other operational entities like demand planning, reseller operations, and NPI readiness on efficiency and optimization projects. Primary interface for Worldwide & Regional planning management for exception freight management and urgent supply chain modifications. Support of the RSM’s in driving operational critical metrics for all aspects of transportation areas. Manipulate and analyze data into usable information for process improvement, cost reduction and customer experience. - Supply Chain Management: Identify transportation alternatives as well as additional transportation providers. Monitor and assist in prevention of cargo loss, identify trends and recommends standard methodologies with WW loss prevention.
Education & Experience Education & Experience
- BA/BS required, MBA a plus.
Additional Requirements Additional Requirements