Find similar career opportunities
Technical Analyst (Emerson MES)Category:Project Management
City:Summit, New Jersey, United States
Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Position Description:POSITION DESCRIPTION
- manage small projects across digital factory systems landscape to meet business needs – primary focus on Emerson MES.
- Identify business solutions using MES, including integration to connected systems.
- Conduct software verification activities – including creating/reviewing test plans, coordinate with testers and development resources. Collaboratively elaborate requirements to enable test automation solutions.
- Responsible for setup and automation of business use cases in various test automation tools; implement end to end test automation tools and strategies, including performance & load testing for Emerson Syncade MES platform.
- Responsible for advanced configuration of MES to provide solutions for business needs.
- Other duties may be assigned at the discretion of the manager.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Minimum: Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or other related engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated success & experience working in integrated digital factory systems environment with MES, SAP, BI – MES experience a must. Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems in a digital factory landscape.
- Strong technical and leadership skills; with some project management skills .
- Experience with process modeling in application environment. Prefer experience with Emerson. Experience integrating and automating manufacturing & test equipment with MES.
- Excellent people & communication skills (written and verbal), quick learner with strong initiative.
- Software verification / validation experience.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Experience with Emerson Syncade
2. Database query / SQL knowledge.
3. Experience with 24x7 manufacturing environment.
4. Experience working in global business landscape.
5. BI experience.
6. Experience with software test automation tools.
- Project Management
- Microsoft Project
What you can expect from us:Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?*YesNo
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com)*
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
- This field is required.