Find similar career opportunities
City:Windsor, Connecticut, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
Position Description:The Architecture Sr Specialist will be a member of the Identity and Access Management team. The candidate in this role will be a key focal point responsible for understanding and defining portal identity and access requirements, designing security solutions, and generating corresponding artifacts using agile scrum methodology. In addition, this position will understand the business problems and opportunities in context of portal security and will be able to translate those requirements into solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. This position will be involved with multiple projects around the Identity and Access management standards and practices including SAML,OAuth, OIDC, Forms Auth, Basic Auth, etc.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in defining and analyzing all security requirements and designing information systems solutions to address our customers access management needs (projects are technically difficult, requiring innovative and creative solutions and frequently involve multiple platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools) for Web IT.
- Translates business and/or functional requirements into conceptual, logical, and detailed architecture design specifications.
- Provides expertise to IT and business partners, and other internal/external customers including identifying and correcting inefficiencies.
- Contributes to software and security development strategy and roadmap
- Participates in software development activities such as detailed design preparation and review.
- Conduct proof of concepts for software tools/technologies related to WebIT portfolio development. Maintain deep levels of involvement in the implementation process.
- Contributes to user research, concept testing, and usability testing.
- Create and maintain business partnerships as appropriate
- Assist to provide comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT management and staff on all phases of the project development cycle.
- Provides comprehensive consultation to business unit, production support and IT management and staff at the highest technical level through all phases of application development.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies and concepts
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least three, typically five years of solid, diverse work experience in IT, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Proven collaboration skills; demonstrated ability to pull a diverse group of individuals with different goals together and facilitate productive discussions
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Ability to resolve conflict, deliver tough messages and be able to execute with limited information
- Ability to work closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
- Strong ability to act as a liaison with either internal or external client
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both with business customers, technical team members and other technical contributors across the organization.
- Ability to produce clear and concise artifacts
- Strong time management skills; highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently
- Must be able to relate complicated business systems in easy to understand language
- Medium-large scale experience in full project life cycle across multiple platforms and technologies
Preferred Technical Qualifications / Skills
- Strong background in systems architecture and relevant technologies, including portal technologies, internet security, identity management, web and application server environments, session management, transaction management, and middleware messaging
- Experience with simple object access protocol (SOAP) and web services.
- Experience with Security (e.g. authentication and authorization) Architectures.
- Experience designing integration solutions and understanding complex data models
- Experience using many of the following technologies:
o Layered architecture, components and interfaces
o Platforms/Frameworks: Angular, Spring
o Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, DB2/UDB, and stored procedures
o Architectural Design using Visio, UML diagrams and Use Case documentation
o Advanced Web Services Skills: SOAP, UDDI, XML, WSDL
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Competencies/Critical Success Factors:
- Ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Ability to collaborate well and promote ideas.
- Experience working in either a matrixed organization or independently.
- Works well under pressure, handling projects that have real-time high dependency and challenging business deadlines.
- Has excellent written and oral communications skills required to determine, document and present research findings, technical papers and training material (including design documents, specifications, architectural artifacts and diagrams, presentations).
- Communication (Oral/Written)
What you can expect from us:Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?*YesNo
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com)*
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
- This field is required.