Job Description - Senior Corporate Counsel, Digital Platform & Experience (19WD33588)
Senior Corporate Counsel, Digital Platform & Experience19WD33588Americas-United States of America-California-San Francisco
Senior Corporate Counsel, Digital Platform & Experience
Location: San Francisco, CA; San Rafael, CA- United States
Job ID: 19WD33588
Position OverviewThis is an exciting opportunity to join the legal team supporting Autodesk’s Digital Platform and Experience (DPE) division, at the very center of Autodesk’s digital transformation. You’ll be first point of contact on all legal issues for two business units in DPE: the Digital Help & Experience (DHX) team and (the brand-new) E-Commerce and Front Doors (EFD) team. You’ll be a member of the leadership team in these business units, and you’ll have the opportunity to support a variety of business activities. Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, you will partner with business and legal colleagues to provide business-enabling, practical, and creative legal guidance, directly impacting the company’s ability to meet and exceed our strategic goals.
- Serve as first point of contact on all legal issues in our Digital Help Experience (DHX) and E-Commerce and Front Doors (EFD) business units, including volume customer-facing and partner-facing digital programs and services, customer support and learning, and global e-commerce and web strategy, design, and operations
- Support product and service readiness and release, as well as ongoing business, by identifying and driving resolution of legal issues in the areas of consumer protection, intellectual property, marketing, competition, data privacy & security, data analytics and use, and other legal and regulatory frameworks
- Proactively partner with business leaders in order to build a trusted advisor relationship; engage with business colleagues at all levels; exercise excellent legal judgment and extraordinary communication skills to provide practical, clear, and concise counsel
- Contribute to the development and implementation of customer-facing policy, processes, and guidelines
- Be a member of the DPE legal team, working closely with legal colleagues to provide consistent and business-aware legal advice across the division and the company. Collaborate with legal colleagues supporting business functions outside of DPE on all relevant aspects of the business, including marketing, finance, corporate development, sales, and product. Partner with the company’s privacy, security, and compliance groups to understand and provide input on practices and systems, ensuring legal and regulatory requirements are met
- Develop and implement processes, trainings, and risk positions to enable rapid business execution while mitigating risk
- JD degree from an ABA-accredited law school; member in good standing of the California Bar
- Minimum of 6 years in-house experience at a SAAS software and/or web-based technology company with global direct sales and support of customers (B2C business). Prior related experience at a well-regarded law firm is highly desirable
- Expertise and experience in customer-facing terms and programs, subscription business models, online sales and support, technology licensing and product development, contracting, intellectual property, data privacy and data analytics, and compliance law matters
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex environment to provide consistent, practical, timely, and business-enabling legal advice
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience. Has led legal support for businesses or programs with multiple stakeholders, knows to prioritize and influence to complete projects and to bring negotiations (internal and external) to a favorable close
- You have exceptional written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. You’re comfortable interacting warmly and professionally with everyone from the senior executives to interns
- Your superior business acumen sets you apart – you invest time in understanding the business and operational issues at hand. As a result, you regularly come up with creative, pragmatic solutions that achieve corporate objectives while mitigating legal risk
- You thrive on finding solutions to complex problems in a dynamic work environment. You can keep many plates spinning, handle ambiguity and change with aplomb, and can easily shift from one situation to another without losing momentum
- You are tech-savvy, with the desire and ability to learn Autodesk’s products, and services, and business
- You’re a self-starter with a terrific work ethic. If you see something that needs doing, you’ll ask to take it on, whether it’s in your official job description or not. You like to work independently with little supervision and have excellent judgment in identifying issues that need to be escalated
- You are intellectually curious, and you like it when you aren’t the smartest person in the room – you love learning something new every day
- You have a solid sense of humor and like being part of a team
About AutodeskWith Autodesk software, you have the power to Make Anything. The future of making is here, bringing with it radical changes in the way things are designed, made, and used. It's disrupting every industry: architecture, engineering, and construction; manufacturing; and media and entertainment. With the right knowledge and tools, this disruption is your opportunity. Our software is used by everyone - from design professionals, engineers and architects to digital scientists, students and hobbyists. We constantly explore new ways to integrate all dimensions of diversity across our employees, customers, partners, and communities. Our ultimate goal is to expand opportunities for anyone to imagine, design, and make a better world.
At Autodesk, we're building a diverse workplace and an inclusive culture to give more people the chance to imagine, design, and make a better world. Autodesk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic. We also consider for employment all qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: Autodesk does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Autodesk will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Autodesk, Inc.