Real Whirled Sales Development Internship, Summer 2020
Date: Aug 5, 2019
Location: Benton Harbor, MI, US, 49022
Company: Whirlpool Corporation
Requisition ID: 33835
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Whirlpool Corporation is seeking summer sales interns who are persuasive communicators with the ability to recommend and implement tactical and strategic business approaches. Within this internship program you will have the opportunity to drive sales results, implement new processes, and work cross functionally with sales teams throughout the North American Region (NAR) while expanding your skills and exploring the many core functions within Whirlpool Corporation’s Sales organization.
Intern projects often fall within the following teams:
- Channel Sales
- New Business Development
- Pricing & Promotions
- Sales Communications
- Sales Enablement & Training
- Sales Operations
View this video to learn more about the internship:
Additionally, upon successful completion of this internship program, you will be considered for full-time employment in Whirlpool Corporation’s Real Whirled Sales Development Program. View this video to learn more about the full-time program:
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan. These communities offer thriving year-round shopping and arts districts, that include quaint shops, wineries, bakeries and restaurants. During the summer months, these communities boast 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. Winter activities include a Luminary Festival, Reindog Parade, chili tour, and ice carving festival.
As a Real Whirled Sales Intern you may have the opportunity to:
- Develop a framework for future promotional plans
- Drive the development of next generation sales analysis tools
- Analyze and drive in-store sales through selling activities
- Assist in the creation of marketplace effectiveness evaluations
- Work with project managers to determine optimal pricing processes
- Evaluate current communications processes to the Field Sales organization
- Create learning and development solutions for Field Sales employees
- Create strategic plans for a particular sales channel
Background and Experience
Required Background and Experiences
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree
- 3.0 cumulative GPA
Preferred Background and Experiences
- Sales or Marketing degree preferred
- Past Sales or proven Marketing experience is a plus
- Strong analytical and statistical analysis skills
- Ability to prioritize, manage time and multiple priorities effectively
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to think innovatively
- Enthusiasm, competitive drive, and self-motivation
- Strong relationship-building skills
For this position, Whirlpool Corporation will not sponsor visas for candidates at this time.
Get to know more about our programs at
Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
About usWhirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 65 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2018. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com, or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Niles
Nearest Secondary Market: South Bend
Job Segment: Entry Level Sales, Intern, Social Media, Field Sales, Sales, Entry Level, Marketing