Brand Immersion Internship, Summer 2020
Date: Aug 5, 2019
Location: Benton Harbor, MI, US, 49022
Company: Whirlpool Corporation
Requisition ID: 33836
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
The Brand Immersion internship is our primary intake channel for full-time employment in our Brand Immersion Program atWhirlpool. Brand Immersion is a rotational development program for qualified undergraduates to gain on-the job experiences and build the foundational marketing competencies to progress toward Marketing Management. This program offers brand management responsibilities and exposure in your very first rotation through projects associated with creative development, agency management, integrated marketing communications, and executing on the brand strategy. Brand Immersion employees also benefit from personalized development and career coaching, as well as mentorship with Senior Leaders.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan. These communities offer thriving year-round shopping and arts districts, that include quaint shops, wineries, bakeries and restaurants. During the summer months, these communities boast 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. Winter activities include a Luminary Festival, Reindog Parade, chili tour, and ice carving festival.
Project assignments could be in areas such as:
- Project Leadership: Project Planning & Estimating, Project Management & Delivery
- Innovation and Emerging Capabilities: Participate in and drive transformation initiatives, using innovation tools and new technologies
- Cross-functional Business Client Engagement: Business facing roles providing leadership and support to otherfunctions tied to Marketing activities such as Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, etc .
This internship offers experiences to help prepare you to:
- Understand and champion the underlying reasons for the consumer's relationship with the brand and the category.
- Understand the consumer experience and decision making process throughout each phase of the path to purchase and post purchase.
- Understand the rational and emotional meaning of the brand in the hearts and minds of the target consumers to steward the brand strategy and contribute to intended equity & positioning.
- Execute on marketing objectives and strategies which align to business goals.
- Be part of a team that inspires the development of innovative creative executions by channel through briefing of assignment objectives, direction and project outcomes, and management of production project requirements.
- Support the delivery of consistent, on-message integrated marketing communications activities using physical and/or digital tools.
- Recognize the importance of measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of all marketing activities and plans, collect information that contributes to the review of marketing activities, and/or support the use of digital and social analytics and listening tools.
- Support budget management associated with assigned marketing activities, consult on priorities, and/or submit information needed for the financial management process.
- Participate in the development and execution of project plans, with deadline management assistance and progress monitoring, identify obstacles and take corrective actions with guidance, and communicate project outcomes.
Background and Experience
Minimum Background and Experiences
- BBA with concentration in Marketing or related field
- Required minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
Preferred Background and Experiences
- Actively involved in campus activities and organizations, preferably in roles that offer leadership experiences
- Prior Brand and/or Marketing internship or co-op experience preferred, digital marketing and/or marketing analytics experience highly desired
For this position, Whirlpool Corporation will not sponsor visas for candidates at this time.
Get to know more about our programs at
Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
About usWhirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 65 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2018. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com, or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Niles
Nearest Secondary Market: South Bend
Job Segment: Branding, Brand Manager, Intern, Social Media, Communications, Marketing, Entry Level