Our vision: Easy Air Travel every step of the way.
Around the world, nearly every passenger flight relies on SITA technology. Globally, almost every airport and airline does business with us, and it’s our job to support their operations.
As the world's leading air transport IT and communications specialist, we’re committed to meeting the demands of the air transport industry around the clock, every day.
SITA is a leader in Border Management, working with governments worldwide to secure their borders, and we are seeking a high caliber graduate to join the Border Management Portfolio in Aldershot, UK. The community entrusts us with an extraordinary task. Challenge yourselves they say. Dream bigger. Aim higher. At SITA, we’re tirelessly seeking new ways to transform air travel through technology and constantly looking beyond today, towards the dawning of a new tomorrow. Can you help us?
We are looking for graduates to join our Border Management business - the part of SITA tasked with protecting the passenger journey and securing national borders. Our iBorders Border Management systems are used by over 70% of the G20 countries and incorporate disruptive technologies such as biometrics and advanced risk assessment.
As a part of the Accelerate Graduate Program, the Graduate Associate Project Manager will join the team for an initial 11 months, during which there will be the possibility to rotate within two different practices. Our goal is to develop our graduates, offering the chance of an additional 11-month rotation, leading to possible future employment.
The Graduate Associate Project Manager will assist the Project Manager in performing a variety of tasks as well as performing other clerical duties, such as updating presentations, updating central project register, ensuring proper electronic filing of important documents and updating word documents. The Graduate will also attend customer meetings and be asked to take minutes, which will give the candidate the opportunity to develop customer-facing skills.
- Maintain and update project plans: Assist the Project Manager in maintaining and updating project execution plans and schedules; Conducting periodic project plans updates as per input from the project team.
- Monitor project progress: Monitoring project execution as per input from the team, updating project risks, issues, changes and financials and reporting deviations to the project manager.
- Reporting: In association with the Project Manager, collecting updates from the team, and preparing periodic reports to be presented to management.
- Collect Financial data about project: Collecting all financial data about projects from different systems, and preparing, with the support of the Project Manager, a financial statement about the project.
- Fill, and track Purchase Orders: Filling in purchase order forms and tracking approvals, if and when requested by the Project Manager; Uploading receipts of purchase orders on the system as instructed by the Project Manager.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Exposure to Project Management methodology;
- Proficiency in MS Office applications such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint;
- Interest in developing an understanding of Software Development and technology projects;
- Good time management skills;
- Ability to work well independently and comfortably with international teams;
- Fluent in English language (other languages are an advantage);
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
University degree at a Bachelor’s level in a technical related field.