Cyber Security Analyst
Date: Aug 8, 2019
Location: Benton Harbor, MI, US, 49022-2692
Company: Whirlpool Corporation
Requisition ID: 31832
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
As a Cyber Security Analyst, you will secure Whirlpool’s infrastructure against insider/outsider threats. Investigate suspicious activity while operating multiple state of the art security tools for threat detection, response, and remediation. Plan for global cloud security in concert with multiple functions for business-critical applications. Learning and experimenting using continuous improvement techniques for future security needs while retiring outdated practices and tools.
- Coordinate defense in depth protections with 3rd party providers for threat intelligence, threat analysis, and threat remediation
- Respond to threats in real time, through diagnosis, communication, and remediation
- Prevent successful attacks by hardening Whirlpool’s defenses and working to close vulnerabilities
- Bring and build expertise in cybersecurity tools in Whirlpool’s environment
- Represent the cybersecurity function in multiple forums
- Report directly to the Cyber Security Manager
- Engage in Proactive Threat hunting
- Ability to travel domestically and globally
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years’ experience in CyberSecurity
- Technical proficiency in SIEM tools (Security Information Event and Management software), such as Splunk.
- Experience with Antivirus and encryption tools
- Experience with Vulnerability Management tools and processes
- Technical proficiency for creating standard operating procedures
- Direct experience with IT system audits, system integration design/development, local and wide area networks, wireless communications, Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance, and cybersecurity tools is expected
- Passionate servant leader mindset for keeping the global Whirlpool organization safe, secure, and reliable
- Strong Technical proficiency in Endpoint Detection and Response security tools, CASB tools (Cloud access security broker) and (Data Loss Prevention) DLP solutions
- Technical proficiency in digital forensics (FTK)
- Active Directory knowledge a plus
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in the face of adversity and threat activity
- Ability to manage expectations, bring together and align different points of view
- Possess outstanding executive presence and communication skills in oral and written form
- Ability to establish positive working relationships and garner influence with other functions
- Strong technical competence up and down the technology stack - user interface, applications, communications, infrastructure, database, network, storage, etc
- Strong desire and aptitude for continuous learning and keeping abreast of new and emerging technology and cyber threats/vulnerabilities
About usWhirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Job Segment: Cyber Security, Network, Social Media, Information Systems, Security, Marketing, Technology