Global Supply Chain Leadership Development Program - 2020
Date: Aug 8, 2019
Location: Benton Harbor, MI, US, 49022
Company: Whirlpool Corporation
Requisition ID: 33939
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
At the core of this program is to understand the entire supply chain process - from identifying suppliers all the way to manufacturing.
Procurement, Logistics, and Manufacturing teams use state-of-the-art technology and a customer-centric Supply Chain Strategy to manage a global network and an unmatched trade partner order fulfillment process.
Full time participants have one rotation in each space: Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Procurement. Manufacturing roles will focus on a pillar within our Whirlpool Production System with Procurement roles typically interfacing with global process partners. Through the variety of experiences you will have a consistent mentor while developing a diverse network.
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan. These communities offer thriving year-round shopping and arts districts, that include quaint shops, wineries, bakeries and restaurants. During the summer months, these communities boast 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant. Winter activities include a Luminary Festival, Reindog Parade, chili tour, and ice carving festival.
Project assignments could be in areas such as:
- Logistics/Planning/Trade Customer Support Roles: Product Fulfillment Team - Inventory Management, Product Demand Planning - Forecasting; Transportation Team - Inbound/Outbound Logistics; Global Logistics Team – Damage Prevention, Global Ocean Bids, Reverse Logistics; Trade Customer Support Team – Customer Relations Supervision (Leadership role) & Continuous Improvement
- Procurement Roles: Direct Procurement Buyer for various goods (i.e. steel, resins, chemicals, stampings, plastics); Finished Product Sourcing Project Management; Indirect Procurement Buyer; Product Management for product launch; Distressed Supplier Management; Supplier Quality and Development
- Manufacturing Roles: Continuous Improvement, Materials Planning, Material Flow, Assembly & Operations Supervision (Leadership roles)
Background and Experience
Minimum Background and Experiences
- B.S. degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Logistics, Applied Engineering Sciences or Industrial Engineering with a minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
Preferred Background and Experiences
- Previous internship or co-op experience working in a similar environment or company of similar size/scope to Whirlpool; within supply chain, procurement or manufacturing
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation and statistical applications knowledge
- Proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities and deadlines
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate with business partners
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, problem-solving, and project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead and work with teams and achieve extraordinary results
- Thought leader—brings thought leadership to every meeting to create positive outcomes
- Demonstrated personal accountability for results and high level of initiative
- Ability to align your work to company and/or function vision and strategy
- Understanding of Continuous Improvement tools & methodologies
For this position, Whirlpool Corporation will not sponsor visas for candidates at this time.
Get to know more about our programs at
Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
About usWhirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world's leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 65 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2018. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
Additional information about the company can be found at WhirlpoolCorp.com, or find us on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Niles
Nearest Secondary Market: South Bend
Job Segment: Logistics, Supply Chain, Supply, Engineer, Social Media, Operations, Engineering, Marketing