Project Engineer-Cooling (Associate, Engineering)
Date: Aug 15, 2019
Location: Amana, IA, US, 52204
Company: Whirlpool Corporation
Requisition ID: 34200
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by Fortune Magazine as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Respect, integrity, diversity and inclusion, teamwork and the spirit of winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it's like to be part of the world's leading major home appliance company.
Function OverviewWhirlpool is currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Project Engineer-Cooling (Associate, Engineering) opening to join our Refrigeration Engineeringorganization in Amana, IA.
- Product development in refrigeration
- Lab experimentation for products and components using thermal chambers, wind tunnels, calorimeters, etc.
- Analysis of simulation related to refrigeration system, heat transfer and air flow
- Energy optimization
- Cost reduction and quality improvement
- Refrigeration and air flow system design
- Development of potential new features
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical)
- 6 month Coop or Internship experience in the engineering field
- Good communication skills and teamwork
- Provide project leadership and ability to work on a team as well as an individual contributor
- Ability to understand complex systems and communicate them to other engineering personnel
- Yellow or Black Belt Certification – Six Sigma Certification
- Thermal sciences background or scholastic research activities in same
- Proficient with technical software such as MS Office, Google Office Suite, ProE, etc
About usWhirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is the world’s leading major home appliance company, with approximately $21 billion in annual sales, 92,000 employees and 70 manufacturing and technology research centers in 2017. The company markets Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, Jenn-Air, Indesit, and other major brand names in nearly every country throughout the world.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we believe that all people matter. Celebrating diversity and including thousands of perspectives empower us to create products that blend into every concept of home. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Additional information about the company can be found on Twitter at @WhirlpoolCorp.
Nearest Major Market: Cedar Rapids
Nearest Secondary Market: Iowa City
Job Segment: Engineer, Project Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Electrical, Thermal Engineering, Engineering