The Emmes Company, LLC is searching for a Proposal Manager located in our Rockville, Maryland or Frederick, Maryland office. Emmes provides flexibility for office location preference, dependent upon position.
The Emmes Company, LLC is a Contract Research Organization (CRO). Headquartered in Rockville, Maryland, Emmes employs over six hundred staff worldwide with offices located in Frederick, Maryland, Tysons Corner, Virginia, Vancouver, Canada and Bangalore, India. Ranked as a top area workplace of choice by the Washington Post, Emmes fosters an environment of collaboration, professional growth, and exceptional work life balance.
Our studies impact public health initiatives on a global scale occurring in more than sixty countries spanning across six continents. We are dedicated to providing statistical and epidemiological expertise, computer systems deployment, data management, study monitoring, regulatory guidance, and overall operational support to clients engaged in biomedical research. Emmes offers support for the entire process of clinical trials from study design and protocol development through data analysis and manuscript generation.
Primary PurposeThe Proposal Manager is an experienced role responsible for providing proposal support as directed by the Proposal Department Manager, acting as a resource to mentor and guide teams in the development of high quality, compliant and timely proposals. The Proposal Manager uses Emmes’ proposal process, tools and corporate policies to plan, manage and contribute to all stages of the development of proposals with a high degree of professionalism and flexibility. Works alongside the Proposal Department Manager and other team members to refine processes & tools, evolve our services and prepare Emmes to be a major competitor in the clinical research outsourcing marketplace.
- Uses Emmes’ proposal process, tools, and corporate policies to plan, manage and contribute to all stages of the development of proposals with a high degree of professionalism and flexibility
- Provides proposal development support as directed by the Proposal Department Manager
- Shreds solicitation requirements and develop response organization structure for government, commercial and nonprofit RFPs, RFIs, grants, and task orders, both domestic and international
- Applies lessons learned from proposal experience to interpret ambiguity in solicitation requirements, identify and mitigate risks to the proposal process, and collaborate with department team members on continual improvement
- Develops a workplan to include a comprehensive proposal schedule, including task assignments, that maximizes the time provided while appropriately allocating an appropriate amount of time to complete each task
- Prepares additional proposal development plans including proposal outlines and pre-formatted internal response directives in accordance with the solicitation requirements and internal standards
- Leads proposals through the corporate proposal development process, working with teams and department manager to identify and resolve issues so proposals are submitted on time, and track appropriate proposal process data
- Organizes, writes, edits, and formats technical proposals and grant applications consistent with response instructions using Emmes templates and existing content where appropriate
- Researches using multiple internal and external sources to create content to develop tailored proposal sections with consistent messaging compliant with solicitation requirements and internal standards
- Coordinates with subcontractors, primes, and other organizations as needed ensuring counterparts understand timelines for submitting responses; on an as-needed basis resolve issues and clarify information to aid in moving the proposal process forward
- Completes proposal production, formatting, and submission activities
- Creates and maintains proposal folders according to department standards
- Participates in continuous improvement of proposal development, stock material/templates, and knowledge management processes
- Participates in department and corporate initiatives to aid in the building of a client relationship management (CRM) system, ensuring that proposal data is accurately tracked and updated
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Business Administration, Public Relations, or a related discipline required
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite products and Adobe Acrobat, including working knowledge of Visio and PowerPoint
- Minimum 2 years’ experience developing proposals for US federal government contracts and/or commercial institutions; handling 200+ page submissions a plus
- Demonstrated work history of progression within a proposal team with desire to continue to grow, develop, and advance beyond manager position
- Prior experience working with a custom-developed proposal process requiring adaptability and flexibility according to need, preferably for a growing organization is a plus
- Experience working with proposal teams, preferably in a matrix environment, with teams of varying levels of skill, from first-time participants to managers and executives
- Experience with medical terminology and knowledge of clinical trial operations a plus
- Able to integrate knowledge from literature searches, interviews with subject matter experts and relevant company experience to develop concise business and marketing communications
- Must be able to handle multiple demands during the proposal process and make decisions concerning job operations with limited direction and input daily
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to exercise sound independent judgment
- Willing to take ownership of projects from inception through implementation, including through award
- Must possess excellent writing and communication skills
- Must be professional, client-service oriented, able to balance assertiveness with flexibility for the good of the project and those working on it, and maintain a positive outlook
- Must be able to proactively identify risks to proposal process, identify solutions, and collaborate with proposal team and/or proposal department manager to mitigate as appropriate
- Willingness to learn and perform new tasks as required
CONNECT WITH US!!Follow us on Twitter - @EmmesCRO
Find us on LinkedIn - The Emmes Company, LLC
The Emmes Company, LLC is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.