The EIB, the European Union's bank, in the framework of its GRAD programme, is seeking to recruit for its Operations Directorate - Neighbouring Countries Department (NC) – Implementation Unit at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a Graduate (GRAD). This is a full- time position.
The term of this contract will be 2 years.
Panel interviews are anticipated for end of July.
The GRAD will be in charge of supporting the execution of EIB lending activities in the European Union Neighbouring Countries, in accordance with EIB procedures and lending policies, through contribution to activities along the entire project cycle, i.e. during appraisal, project monitoring report writing and statistics, handling of MBILs and framework loans, processing of disbursements and other related activities such as handling of grants, Technical Assistance.
The Implementation Unit (IU) focuses on the implementation, monitoring, compliance and execution of signed EIB lending operations in the European Union Neighbouring Countries (NC) from project appraisal to handover to the Transaction, Monitoring and Restructuring department (TMR), in close coordination with OPS/NC geographical divisions, in order to contribute to the stability and solidity of the Bank's portfolio of outstanding loans, facilitate and execute disbursements, and to the achievement of the EIB’s objectives.
You will report to the Head of the IU, while working closely with Operations Analysts in the Unit. S/he will assist, on an as needed basis, the IU Operations Analysts on their portfolio of projects. For the portfolio of projects allocated to him/her, s/he will interact with the Loan Officers in all NC divisions who are primarily responsible for such operations.
- Contribute to the lending process of the operations, in line with EIB guidelines and in close coordination with the IU Operations Analyst(s). This may include:
- Preparation of documents in the entire project cycle, until handover of the project to the portfolio monitoring team (TMR).
- Monitoring project implementation as appropriate and fulfilment of borrowers' contractual obligations, proposing appropriate action as required (e.g. waivers, amendments of the contractual documentation).
- Verifying disbursement conditions, handle transfer operations to and coordinate disbursement requests with other services of the Bank as appropriate.
- Contribute to any further tasks, directly or indirectly related to the lending process, in close coordination with the IU Operations Analyst(s), including:
- Preparation of reports, statistics and presentations on the Bank's activities in the NC region, upon request.
- Ensure quality control and update of input into the NC databases and related OPS/NC documents (e.g. Country reports, briefings).
- Preparation of Financial Analysis upon request.
- Review of contract clauses related to disbursements and participation in contract negotiations.
- Prepare and participate in monitoring/appraisal missions as required.
- Prepare notes for amendments, waivers and restructuring in close coordination with the Operations Analyst(s) in charge.
- Handle correspondence with internal and (if requested) external counterparts, including borrowers, guarantors, co - financiers, Governments, EU institutions.
- Contribute to the implementation and monitoring of technical assistance and investment grants.
- Any other tasks directly or indirectly related to the lending process and necessary for the implementation of the operations managed by the IU.
- University degree in relevant fields such as Finance, Economics, Statistics and/or Business related fields.
- Some relevant professional experience, preferably gained in banking, financial services or auditing. Relevant experience on operations outside the EU would be considered as an advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial analysis, accounting principles and basic macroeconomics.
- Relevant computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Excellent level of English and French, and knowledge of other languages spoken in NC countries (e.g. Arabic, Ukrainian, Russian) would be considered as an advantage.
- Achievement Drive: Continually keeps an eye on performance, focusing on improving it, showing drive and determination to meet short and long-term goals.
- Change Orientation: Adapts to differences and changes in the environment; takes a flexible approach to reach outcomes.
- Collaboration: Works cooperatively as part of a team; works collaboratively with peers across organisational boundaries based on a genuine interest in and an accurate understanding of others and their individual perspectives and concerns.
- Organisational Commitment: Is willing to commit to an organisation whose mission is to support Europe and is open to diversity, and to align her/his own behaviour with the organisation’s needs and intrinsic values, acting with integrity in ways that promote the organisation’s mission, policies and rules.
We are an equal opportunity employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. As such, we promote the inclusion of suitably qualified and experienced staff without regard to their gender, age, racial or ethnic origin, religion or beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, or disability (*).
By applying for this position you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorized disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 10th June 2020
(*). We particularly welcome applications from women and persons with disabilities.