Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion. Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers— we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity.
- Serve as a technical team member of a small but experienced team in the design and development of products. Development activities would include new designs, derivative designs, and functional and performance enhancements to existing products.
- Contribute to the design and verification of dense and high-speed FPGAs within a local team environment but including co-operation with teams based in other locations.
- FPGA system integration, working closely with a software and system quality assurance teams.
- Support and work in conjunction with an architecture team to assess and scope new product features.
- Independently resolve technical problems, initiating design changes and providing engineering support to assess customer needs and solve field issues.
- Generate required product development documentation including, but not limited to: functional specifications and detailed design documents.
- Participate in source code control and software release activities as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- 12+ years design experience in dense FPGA or ASIC technology, preferably in the telecommunications industry.
- Working knowledge of FPGA and/or ASIC design principles and techniques applied to development on dense and complex FPGA architectures.
- Experience with FPGA design tools such as Xilinx Vivado or Altera Quartus, and simulation/verification tools such as Mentor Questa Sim or Synopsys VCS.
- RTL coding (VHDL, Verilog, System Verilog).
- Other coding/scripting (e.g. C, C++, SystemC, MATLAB, TCL, Perl, etc.)
- Laboratory use of high-speed spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers and related tools.
- Experience with source code control and version tools such as Rational Clearcase.
- The ability to multi-task and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Good verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with advanced FPGA technology, including MPSoC.
- Familiarity with networking protocols such as Ethernet, IP, MPEG2, etc.
- Practical experience with high speed interfaces such as 10G Ethernet and the implementation of internal high bandwidth streaming interfaces.
- A working appreciation of embedded processor architectures and soft micro-processor cores, and interfaces with programmable logic for the implementation of dense high-speed designs.
- An understanding of basic DSP techniques and modulation schemes including QAM and OFDM.
- A strong algorithmic ability coupled with a background in modelling tools such as LabVIEW or MATLAB.
- Communicate project status, issues, and requirements both verbally and in writing.
- Conduct technical presentations/demonstrations if necessary.
- Perform other duties as required.