Amazon is a company of builders. A philosophy of ownership carries through everything we do — from the proprietary technologies we create to the new businesses we launch and grow. You’ll find it in every team across our company; from providing Earth’s biggest selection of products to developing ground-breaking software and devices that change entire industries, Amazon embraces invention and progressive thinking. Amazon is continually evolving; it’s a place where motivated employees thrive, and ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It’s as simple as this: we pioneer.
With every order made and parcel delivered, customer demand at Amazon is growing. And to meet this demand, and keep our world-class service running smoothly, we're growing our Operations team across Europe. Delivering hundreds of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, our Operations teams possess a wide range of skills and experience and this includes business analysts in all functions.
About this internship:
Whatever your background, if you love call for tenders and negotiation with suppliers, if you have a passion for reporting, forecasting and building KPI dashboards that will support the business in optimizing their consumable orders and consumption, if you like creating easy to follow processes and training your business partners, Amazon and the procurement team are a great place to be. Because it’s only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth, we’re all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt quickly to all the changes around you, and we encourage you to try new things.
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic students to join our unique world as interns. An Amazon EU internship will provide you with an unforgettable experience in a fast-paced, dynamic and international environment; it will boost your resume and will provide a superb introduction to our activities.
The Procurement Team is in charge of purchasing all materials (boxes, tape, small tools, office equipment, PPE, event services, etc.) required by the different functions within the Distribution Center. As an intern within this team you will put your analytical and technical skills to test and roll up your sleeves to complete a project that will contribute to improve the functionality and level of service that team provides to our customers. This could include:
- Ensure that the FC always has the required goods / services on hand at the best available prices & terms
- Pull source information and update forecast models to determine weekly / monthly order quantities
- Manage Materials inventory, ensures proper stock levels with minimal Operating Capital
- Minimize on-site stock holdings for all materials
- Engage and facilitate procurement for multiple functions within Amazon; FC Operations, Facilities, Engineering, HR, Safety & Security, Transportation, and IT
- Develop and enhance interdepartmental communication
- Implements change and/or develop new processes as required to provide ability to better procure goods and services for the FC
- Strive for continual improvement in supplier service and costs
- Ensure all projects/requests are accompanied by completion dates and manage multiple priorities
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
- You are currently working towards a 2+ years university degree in business, procurement, logistics, accounting or other related fields.
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- You must have the right to work in the country you are applying for.
- Interest in (if not a first experience or knowledge of) material resource planning, inventory management & forecasting.
- Ability to understand accounting, account payable teams and their processes.
- Attention to detail, ability to do in-depth data mining, methodical approach to work while also seeking to understand the big picture
- You will be results driven with the ability to innovate and simplify current process and practices.
- The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
- ERP and MRP systems with a preference for Oracle Financials and/or Coupa experience is a plus.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
- Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or fulltime role; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better.
Our employees’ safety is our top priority and we continue to monitor the global health situation. Because of this, your internship might be based in one of our facilities or it could be delivered virtually. Should it need to be delivered virtually, we have developed a program that ensures you will continue to have a meaningful and positive internship experience.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.