Tax Services Manager – National Tax – EDGE – Global Compliance & Reporting – Global Payroll OperateOur National Tax and EY EDGE practices are made up of teams of professionals providing specific tax technical services to US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes EY in the marketplace.
The opportunityOur Global Payroll Operate practice focuses on helping our clients effectively manage their global payroll needs proactively and responsibly in 150+ countries. Our quality service and technical network enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement within their payroll functions. We believe that by managing clients' payroll obligations we can make a critical difference and you'll be at the heart of this mission.
Our market-leading approach combines extensive local payroll service experience with a standard global payroll compliance and implementation methodology. With engagements involving a few countries or many, you will have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the payroll function across the entire process.
Your key responsibilitiesAs a Manager in Payroll Operate you will help lead new sales & opportunities and oversee the servicing of Multi-Country Payroll Operate (MCPO) Services. You will supervise the design, implementation and operation of global MCPO services for our medium and small clients.
- Be the lead engagement manager for midsized clients and implementations
- Manage client global MCPO delivery of multiple clients
- Manage client escalations and ask/refer to senior team members for help
- Complete root cause analysis
- Know and utilize global methodology payroll best practices
- Be involved in thought leadership development
- Provide/drive innovation and continuous improvement.
- Leverage Global Payroll Operate tools, technology, methodology and processes.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Ability to implement centrally managed global outsourcing model, leveraging the global payroll tools to provide clients with greater control, visibility and compliance for their global payroll
- Governance of payroll operations: lead the team utilizing one global methodology to track the end-to-end process, and provide subsidiary governance throughout our client life cycle to mitigate risk, increase corporate transparency, increase compliance and ensure leveraging of key data insights
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of senior and staff professionals
- Strong analytical skills, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills; problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Project Management skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and client service skills
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree and relevant post-graduate qualification preferably with an emphasis in accounting, business or finance
- 6+ years of relevant payroll and/or tax experience or equivalent experience in business or industry
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or equivalent
- Global payroll consulting experience, knowledge of technology vendors, such as ADP, PeopleSoft/Oracle, SAP, Workday, and other technology solutions including reports, strategies, assessments, vendor selections, designing processes considering risk and implementing solutions worldwide
- Strong numbers acumen, including analytical abilities and knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent managerial, organizational and verbal/written communication skills with a proactive approach to problem solving and attention to detail
- Client-facing exposure in a global role
- Project management experience with global or multi-national payroll projects
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
What we look forWe’re interested in professionals with the drive to take on new responsibilities and projects. You’ll need the confidence to speak up with your own creative thoughts on a wide range of areas. You’ll also have the opportunity to achieve your potential by being given professional development and experiences with clients across geographies. If you’re keen to play a pivotal role within a highly focused global payroll operate team, this role is for you.
What working at EY offersWe offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 25 days of paid time off plus 12 observed holidays and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.
About EYAs a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.