Type of contract
Short-term contract, which may be extended to up to 36 months subject to individual performance and organisational needs
Contract end date
Who can apply?
EU nationals working for the international public sector organisation or EU organisations performing central banking or banking supervision tasks. Your current contract must extend at least 1 year beyond the end of the potential employment at the ECB
F/G (1) (minimum monthly net salary €4,914 and benefits, see further information section)
Datasets and Statistics
Place of work
Frankfurt am Main, Germany
You will be part of the Financial Statistics Section, which is in the Monetary & Economic Statistics Division of the Directorate General Statistics. You will join a dynamic, multicultural and experienced team of approximately 15 people that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens. Together you will develop, compile and disseminate statistics and statistical indicators relating to the soundness of the banking and financial system, supporting the ECB and the European Systemic Risk Board (ESRB) in the conduct of their macroprudential policies. The team is also responsible for compiling statistics and indicators on financial integration and payment instruments and systems, as well as statistics on crypto-assets and credit risk parameters.
The ECB is an inclusive employer and we strive to reflect the diversity of the population we serve. We encourage you to apply irrespective of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, race, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other characteristics.
- collect and compile the Consolidated Banking Data and related datasets; and compile indicators for publications such as the ESRB’s Risk Dashboard to support analysis of the financial system’s strengths and vulnerabilities;
- contribute to the design and development of new statistical datasets and indicators covering the euro area and EU financial system (and/or improve existing datasets);
- enhance systems, processes and tools for the compilation and visualisation of statistics in the remit of the Section;
- help to further develop the methodological framework for financial stability statistics, as well as proactively monitor developments in statistical and supervisory standards as well as in financial markets and institutions;
- assist in the presentation of Directorate General Statistics positions on statistical issues related to the ESRB, its sub-groups and the European System of Financial Supervision, with a focus on ensuring effective coordination of the statistical support provided to the ESRB;
- prepare and present documentation for the meetings of the ECB Statistics Committee’s Working Group on Monetary and Financial Statistics as well as the ESRB’s Contact Group on Data and the other relevant groups in the users’ business areas.
The position offers you excellent opportunities to contribute to the provision of statistical support to the macroprudential function of the ECB and to the ESRB.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a master’s degree or equivalent in statistics, finance, economics or mathematics or another relevant field
- sound knowledge of and practical experience in applying European and international statistical, accounting and/or regulatory banking standards;
- sound analytical and quantitative skills, and the ability to define and apply statistical concepts, procedures and methodologies;
- experience with complex data management techniques and applications, using e.g. FAME, Python, R, SQL and/or Tableau;
- ability to explain complex technical issues to different stakeholders using simple, non-technical language and ability to draft appropriate documentation;
- an advanced (C1) command of English and an intermediate (B1) command of at least one other official language of the EU, according to the .
- at least two years’ experience in the production or development of statistics or indicators relating to macroprudential or financial stability analysis;
- experience in regular statistical production using FAME or an equivalent database software and in statistical data quality assessment and management;
- knowledge of international and European accounting and supervisory concepts and standards, and their links to the monetary and financial statistical requirements of the ECB;
- experience in collaborating with counterparts at the European level (e.g. European System of Central Banks, European Commission, European Systemic Risk Board, European Banking Authority) and at the worldwide level (e.g. Bank for International Settlements, Financial Stability Board, International Monetary Fund).
You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. You analyse complex information effectively and can evaluate different views to arrive at solutions. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs.
You are motivated to be part of our team and to use your skills and competencies to achieve the objectives of this position.
We are willing to discuss part-time arrangements.
For additional information on this vacancy you can contact the Head of Section Patrick Sandars (at +49 69 1344 7697 or email@example.com), or the Team Lead, Stefano Borgioli (at +49 69 1344 6331 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Application and selection process
For further information on how to join us, .
The selection procedure may involve an interview, a presentation and a written test.