What if your curiosity could help build the world we all imagine?
EY’s Corporate Finance team advises company owners, private equity firms and corporate clients in assessing and executing their local and global M&A ambitions. Working closely together with our clients, we have a leading role in the planning and execution of sales and acquisition processes. We assist with preparation of business plans, marketing material, valuation, buyer research as well as detailed planning of deal tactics and negotiations. We strive to be the preferred adviser in our market, which was acknowledged in 2020, as we were awarded “Danish Mid-Market M&A Financial Adviser of the Year” by Mergermarket.
The opportunity: Your next adventure awaits
- We are looking for students to join our office in Copenhagen as part-time Analysts. You will become an important part of a dynamic Danish Corporate Finance team.
- Through both formal and informal on-the-job training combined with several professional and personal courses, such as EY’s recently established global M&A Academy, we will help you develop the necessary skills to become an effective corporate finance professional, capable of providing objective and responsive advice to our clients across industries and geographies. We are committed to helping you achieve your full potential. Hence, you will be assigned a counsellor and a buddy to support your professional and personal development.
- We are flexible regarding timing of the job start, which will be agreed on an individual basis.
As an Analyst, you will support the team on several key corporate finance tasks, including the following
- Preparation of marketing material including management presentations, information memoranda and client meeting material
- Assisting in preparing corporate valuations (DCF, LBO, multiples, operational modelling, etc.)
- Peer group/buyer/target screenings
- Financial statement analysis
- Market research and analysis
Weekly working hours will average 20-25 hours with flexibility during exams.
What we look for
You are ambitious. We are looking for candidates who are willing to go the extra mile while contributing to our vibrant, collaborative and informal atmosphere.
You are a team player. A perfect candidate would be able to not only juggle the financial analyses in the spreadsheets, but also informally chat with the colleagues in the office as well as participate and contribute to our many social arrangements outside of the office.
- More than one year left of your Master’s degree within accounting, finance or similar or one year left of your Bachelor’s degree (for example IB or HA)
- An impressive academic record, a strong personal drive and an eye for the detail
- A passion for working in corporate finance and great people skills
- Strong numerical and financial skills based on a well-developed understanding of financial statements
What’s in it for you
We work in close collaboration with our international colleagues to provide our clients with the best possible service. We are highly qualified in our respective areas and maintain a high professional standard. We have an informal tone and put great emphasis on having a challenging and fun working day. We offer you good career opportunities in an environment where focus is on both quality and solidarity, and where professional development is at the centre of everything. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most talented and engaging colleagues in the field
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- Be part of an ambitious corporate finance team while having fun
What you can expect
- Please submit your CV, cover letter and grade transcripts as soon as possible and no later than 24th of may, 2021. Interviews will be conducted with selected candidates on an ongoing basis.
- If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Lasse Diamant on +45 25 29 38 66 or firstname.lastname@example.org.