Job ID: JR0167476
Job Category: Engineering
Primary Location: Hillsboro, OR US
Other Locations: US, California, San Jose
Job Type: Experienced Hire
System Integration EngineerJob Description
Come and join us! Intel is seeking highly qualified candidates to join our Data Platforms Group DPG as a System Integration Engineer. Join our System Integration team focused on Ethernet IO management as a System Integration Engineer where you will be working with an exciting group of engineers working on Ethernet Smart NIC SNIC and Foundation NIC FNIC product lines. This team focuses on both the FW and HW elements of the 200G Ethernet PHY solutions.
The Data Platforms Group drives new products technologies from high-end co-processors for supercomputers to low energy systems for enterprise and the cloud as well as solutions for big data and intelligent devices. The group is a worldwide organization that develops the products and technologies that power 9 of every 10 servers sold world wide.
In this role, your daily agenda will be anything but ordinary. On a regular basis, it will include but not limited to:
- Architect and design solutions based on customer requirements for Intel Ethernet products
- Create test plans to verify and validate proper functionality of features related to Ethernet
- Create and maintain clear, accurate documentation for system solutions
- Characterize new Ethernet SerDes or PHY IP offerings from internal and external parties
- Collaborate with Software, Firmware, Architecture, Hardware and other domains to ensure the overall system solution for Ethernet meets customer expectations
- Develop detailed requirements for hardware, software tools and firmware teams to successfully integrate and test IP solutions
- Debug and lead cross functional teams to resolve issues related to Ethernet system performance
- Identify the most viable pre-Si validation platforms to enable smooth transition to post-Si characterization and validation
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to drive consensus on solution space and design approach
- Ability to quickly shift between self-driven tasks and solving problems in a team
- Must be have a demonstrated capability to recognize where to compromise and where to hold firm on technical solutions
- Strong motivation to continually improve the working environment to increase efficiency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Candidates must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates Requirements listed below would be obtained through a combination of Industry job relevant experience internship experiences and or schoolwork/classes/research.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering Computer Science Math Physics or related field
- 4+ years of experience in electronics design or validation
- 2+ years of experience writing architectural requirements or defining flows that are necessary for the integration of IP into SOC
- 3+ years of experience characterizing IPs in standalone and full-chip and performing results analysis
- 2+ years of experience using advanced test and measurement lab equipment oscilloscopes and analyzers to debug circuit boards
- 3+ years of experience in the following fields (RTOS, Firmware, Software, IO Tools, NVM config or PreSi verification
- 2+ years of experience in debugging low level SerDes and FW issues related to system configuration
- Masters Degree or higher
- Technical leadership experience
- Familiarity with Ethernet SerDes
- Familiarity with low speed IO such as I2C MDIO UART
- Experience with Linux
- Software development skills in Python C and TCL
- Solid understanding of SW development flows including architecture tradeoffs and implementation dependencies for different code environments
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies—spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions—that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
US, California, San Jose
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.