Exciting minds with our Future Leaders graduate programme – Engineering
Education required: Master’s degree in Engineering (Automation, Computing, Electronics, Telecommunications, Robotics). Double Diploma including Engineering can be considered but not necessary.
Language requirement: Fluent Spanish & English
Start date: September 2021
Assessment Centre Dates: July 2021 (Virtual)
Application deadline: We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
We’re looking for leaders of the future in Engineering
Are you a bright, talented engineering graduate? If so, you could use your expertise and skills in our forward-thinking engineering teams to ensure we have the latest technology, equipment and processes to deliver billions of packs of medicines and healthcare products to customers every year.
Develop your career
If you’re a graduate with the talent and ambition to lead others, we’ll help you develop the expertise to become one of our Future Leaders.
Over three years, you’ll have several stretching rotations in our pharmaceutical manufacturing site – building your technical skills and knowledge. You will receive a generous personal training budget and be supported by a technical mentor as you develop. And you’ll get to meet senior leaders in engineering and the business as well as the opportunity to network with other graduates from across the world.
After you complete our graduate programme, you’ll have a solid foundation for a career within the pharmaceutical industry. There’s no limit to how far you can go with us – it’s up to you to prove yourself.
What will you do?
- Manage a range of engineering projects
- Increase reliability and performance of our pharmaceutical equipment, including cybersecurity
- Implement innovative, digital solutions
- Identify engineering best practice and new technologies, as part of the digital transformation
- Assist with asset management and maintenance (e.g. condition-based monitoring, predictive maintenance, machines’ data collection for trouble shooting & business support).
- Identify, using data analysis, big data, areas for improvement.
- Provide day-to-day support for risk assessments, equipment issues and breakdowns
- Manage multi-skilled engineering teams
- A relevant engineering degree with strong technical and analytical skills
- To be self-motivated & proactive.
- A passion to develop yourself and others
- To stay focused under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and a gift for solving problems.
- A genuine interest in the healthcare industry
- The ability to work with and build relationships with key stakeholders
Our Future Leaders programme is designed to accelerate the development of graduates who don’t have significant previous professional work experience in the area to which they are applying. Of course, many graduates who join the program have worked while studying or after graduation. If you’ve already developed substantial experience working in a professional role in your sector, while you would be able to apply for this program, you may also want to look at direct entry roles in our businesses, as these may be the best way to build on your existing skills and expertise and develop a career at GSK.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- Long-term incentives through shared ownership link your rewards to our longer-term performance
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
Get to grips with our recruitment process
Watch the video in the banner at the top of this page and you’ll find tips on our website - https://www.gsk.com/en-gb/careers/apprentices-students-and-graduates/apply-now-for-our-future-leaders-graduate-programme/
We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.
We’re 100% open to all talent
We’re 100% open to all talent – whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it’s the right thing to do.
Need help with your application?
Please email us at email@example.com and let us know how we can help you. Or email us your number and we’ll call you back. We’ll make all reasonable modifications to support you throughout the recruitment process and we’ll treat all information you give us in confidence. Please get in touch to help us process your application as soon as possible.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.