- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in application-level vulnerability testing and code-level security auditing.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Technical knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography.
- Relevant work experience in pen testing and/or fuzzing.
About the job
Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's users and developers. Security Engineers work directly with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
As an Information Security Engineer at Google, you will help ensure that our software and systems are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will perform technical security assessments, code reviews and vulnerability testing to highlight risk, helping Google teams and partners to improve security. You will also work closely with other Google Engineers to design and build proactive methods to enhance our security. You will work on a wide variety of software designs and technology stacks. In addition, you will have the option to specialize or perform research in a number of fields.
At Google, our users come first, and the Systems Infrastructure team is at the heart of that promise. We build the technologies that transform the way we think about doing business. Whether working on our cloud systems, researching the latest in computer technology or keeping Google's internal systems humming, Googlers and users alike rely on us to keep things running. We're back-end experts: protecting your privacy and ensuring your security.
- Perform technical security assessments, code audits and design reviews
- Conduct research to identify new attack vectors against Google's products and services
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities
- Advocate security and secure practices throughout Google
Map DataMap data ©2021
Map data ©2021
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.