At Deloitte, we deliver the solutions and insights our clients need to address their most complex business challenges. As the world’s largest global professional services and consulting network, Deloitte Ireland has nearly 3,000 people providing audit, tax, consulting, and corporate finance services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries.
Our Audit practice is a market leading player delivering a range of audit and advisory services to a wide variety of clients, in every business sector. The Audit financial services practice consists of over 200 professionals from richly diverse backgrounds and to date we have achieved significant success in this area. Our audit professionals’ primary focus is adding value to businesses, while applying the highest standards of professional integrity, objectivity, independence and technical excellence. Part Time Audit Manager - Dublin
About Deloitte PrivateDeloitte Private advises private companies, both family owned and private equity backed businesses and private individuals across Ireland. Deloitte’s Private services spans Audit, Tax, Financial Advisory & Consulting. The Deloitte Private team also work across a number of different industry groups including Consumer Business, Financial Services, Real Estate & Infrastructure, TMT (Tech, Media & Telco) etc.
The opportunityAs a Manager in our Audit team you’ll build and nurture positive working relationships with teams and clients with the intention to exceed client expectations.
- Plan and execute projects to deliver a superior client experience
- Build a deep understanding of how each client’s business works and keep up-to-date on industry/sector trends and leading practices
- Identify and solve problems using analysis, experience and judgment
- Identify and transform opportunities into solutions that drive business value for our clients
- Use financial information to evaluate business opportunities and make recommendations
In leading teams to deliver quality Audits, you’ll experience involvement in developing and managing a project plan to optimise engagements, including:
Managing deadlines and priorities for all engagement team members
- Monitoring compliance and facilitating timely archiving of working papers after report issuance
- Understanding clearly how the audit plan links to engagement budget
- Evaluating the importance and urgency of assigned tasks on a daily and/or weekly basis
- Delivering high quality audits via appropriate use of technology, tools, guidance and methodology
As an expert in risk assessment and audit response, you are required to:
- Obtain and understanding of the entity and is environment include entity’s internal control
- Continuously gathering, updating an analyzing information throughout the audit
- Apply you knowledge of relevant accounting standards applicable to the entity
- Perform risk assessment procedures or provide a basis for the identification and assessment of risks of material misstatement
Your professional experience
- Big 4 or mid-tier Audit firm experience, familiar working in an environment that complies with auditing and accounting standards, relevant laws and regulations, ethical standards and independence requirements
- Experienced Audit professional with expert knowledge of relevant accounting standards
- Proven experience delivering high quality audits via appropriate use of technology, tools, guidance and methodology
- Qualified accountant with CAI accounting qualification or international equivalent and a strong academic record.
- Excellent analytical skills and a strong eye for detail.
- Strong commercial and market awareness.
- Highly motivated, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging / dynamic work environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write clear, concise reports.
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence
We support flexibility and will work with successful candidates to ensure their portfolio of work will fit around their lifestyle etc. For example, a working pattern could be 3 days per week, 5 mornings per week, or term time only.
Auditing is about much more than just the numbers. It illuminates the what, how, and why of change so businesses are always prepared for what’s ahead and can make the most appropriate decisions.
Whether it’s conducting due diligence reviews and statutory audits or providing accounting advice on technical issues or corporate governance, we provide our clients with the highest quality accounting information, know-how and processes to ensure their financial information is well ahead of the game.
Working in Audit & Assurance will see you collaborate with highly experienced audit teams, focusing on financial statement components, reviewing client operations and controls, identifying weaknesses and providing recommendations to remedy any issues found.
DisclaimerDeloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change.
We love speaking with professionals about their next career experience with Deloitte. If you have a passion for learning from talented people and benefit from the support of a global organisation and network, apply on-line now.